The Humane Society of Boulder Valley is a community-supported, socially conscious open-door facility that provides shelter, medical care and behavioral rehabilitation to over 6,000 animals annually. Its programs are inspired by its mission to protect and enhance the lives of companion animals by promoting healthy relationships between pets and people. Since its inception in 1902, HSBV has become one of the most recognized nonprofit organizations in the community and a national leader in animal welfare.
HSBV seeks to employ motivated, innovative, and talented individuals who bring passion, expertise, and a positive attitude to the workplace. Our employees embody our internal values:
- Kindness - Every decision and action we take is motivated by our belief that animals are their best selves when they are part of a healthy relationship. We build trust by giving our animals the freedom of choice and encouraging expressions of joy. We reinforce moments that spark the development of new and healthy relationships between pets and people.
- Trust - We have confidence in the good intentions of our colleagues, and we strive to create an environment in which we are safe to be vulnerable and authentic in our daily interactions. Giving each other the benefit of the doubt lays the foundation of new relationships and sustains and deepens existing ones.
- Optimism - We choose to be joyful and find the opportunities within each challenge. Our positive outlook fuels and sustains us.
- Humility - We are quick to celebrate our colleagues’ achievements and strengths and understand they complement our own talents and areas for growth. Our self-awareness, appreciation, and generosity promote a culture of respect and kindness.
- Collaboration - We proactively develop strong working relationships with our colleagues because our soundest decisions result from open and thoughtful dialogue. We are considerate of the impact our actions have on others, and we use appreciative and respectful inquiry to gain understanding.
- Ingenuity - We are agile and adaptive, proactively evolving to meet the challenges of the future by identifying and removing barriers and creatively shaping new solutions. We embrace change as vital to our continued success, and we are empowered to take thoughtful risks to fulfill our mission.
Spanish/English speaking individuals are always encouraged to apply.
HSBV offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, ancestry, military status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required for all positions.