Critical Care/Emergency Technician
*Relocation assistance may be available to highly qualified and experienced candidates willing to relocate to the Parker, Colorado area.*
Welcome to Animal Emergency and Specialty Center (AESC)! We are a 24/7 emergency care veterinary hospital that provides care 365 days a year. Our AESC team is growing and we are looking for motivated, positive and compassionate individuals to join our ER Team! CVT Preferred.
Benefits: We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) w/matching, short and long-term disability, bereavement leave for pet loss and much more!
Overall Responsibility: ER Techs provide excellent technical skills and a strong knowledge of emergency procedures in vet medicine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Triage ER cases as they come in.
- Assist our ER doctors with exams, treatments and procedures.
- Immediately respond to STAT situations, and be ready to oversee the care of the patient depending on the outcome of the STAT call.
- Preform all types of restraint, venipuncture for all types of blood work. Administer SQ fluids, medications, etc. per doctors’ orders.
- Work in conjunction with all departments across the hospital to ensure hospitalized patients are receiving the best possible care and communicating frequently with the specialty department regarding status of care.
- Prepare the whiteboard in Cornerstone for upcoming treatments and continued care.
- Recognize subtle change in clinical status.
- Go over discharge instructions with clients when they are able to bring their furry family member back home with them.
- Basic grooming as needed.
- Complete estimates, basic record keeping.
- Other duties as needed.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year of animal experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.