ER Veterinary Technician *Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus!*
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Active CO state CVT license
- Preferred: College AS/BS/BA
- Experience: Minimum 2 years experience required*
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our ER or UC department. Come work at a hospital that is focused on patient care, communication, and education! EVS is a privately owned specialty and emergency hospital with Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Radiology. An ideal candidate will have a focus on gold-standard medicine and patient care, the technical skills to facilitate them, and the desire to learn and grow within their practice. The Veterinary Tech will be responsible for in-hospital patient care, triage, and outpatient ER care responsibilities. We also encourage and support specialty certificates and VTS certifications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet clients, obtain patient's current body weight, reason for visit and brief history.
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Perform and assist with all aspects of animal restraint for exams and procedures.
- Perform all types of restraint, venipuncture for all types of blood work. Administer SQ fluids, medications, etc. per doctors’ orders.
- Documenting of medications, procedures and administering treatments of patients while hospitalized
- Complete estimates, basic record keeping, and update patient charges
- Other duties as needed
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Commitment to doing the best job possible at all times and under all circumstances
- Confidence in working independently and making appropriate, informed decisions
- Prioritization of safety and care in the operation of all equipment and handling of all patients
- Adaptability to new environments, situations, practices, and challenges
- Excellent communication to clients, teammates, supervisors, subordinates, and any other hospital staff.
- Enthusiasm for knowledge, innovation, learning, and growth in all aspects on the job
- Dedication to the EVS company values of gold standard medicine, respect, integrity, and a team oriented approach
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Employee Pet Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition/CE reimbursement
- Uniform reimbursement
SCHEDULING: A regular, Full time employee of Evolution Veterinary Specialists, Inc, will be expected to work an average/minimum 36 hours/week. Hours typically vary and include holidays, weekends, swing shifts, overnights, and on-call as necessary to fill the needs of the hospital. A typical starting schedule (subject to change) would be 4 x 10 hour shifts weekly with 4 on-call shifts per month.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Role: No