*Relocation assistance may be available to highly qualified and experienced candidates willing to relocate to the Parker, Colorado area.*
Welcome to Animal Emergency and Specialty Center (AESC)! We are a 24/7 emergency care veterinary hospital that provides care 365 days a year. Our AESC team is growing and we are looking for motivated, positive and compassionate individuals to join our Neurology Team! CVT Preferred.
Benefits: We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) w/matching, short and long-term disability, bereavement leave for pet loss and much more!
Overall Responsibility: Neurology Technicians must possess anesthesia knowledge and be outgoing and independent, making use of all available time. Neurology Techs must have the ability to perform and react in a wide variety of daily situations in high paced environment, as well as work with every department in the hospital when needed. They must possess excellent communication skills. Neurology Technicians provide a link between clients, client services, doctors, and assistants. They must be able to react in any situation in a professional and efficient manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Patient care
- Facilitate the doctors daily schedule.
- Prepare exam room for each visit, including tools needed for each exam
- Assisting in and facilitating radiographs
- Prepare and flip OR’s as needed
- Retrieve patient charts from client services in order of appointment time or doctor request.
- Greet clients, obtain patients current body weight, reason for visit and brief history. Obtain other vitals and labwork as needed.
- Anesthesia: induction, maintenance, monitoring and recovery
- Preform and assist with all aspects of animal restraint for exams and procedures
- Preform all types of restraint, venipuncture, placing IV catheters, administer SQ fluids, medications per doctors orders
- Complete estimates and feel comfortable discussing those with owners, continued conversations with clients regarding finances
- Other duties as needed.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year of animal experience required. Veterinary Technician certification preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication with staff, and between staff and upper management. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving.
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.