Neurology Veterinary Technician
Neurology Technician Responsibilities:
- Exemplify a positive, supportive culture within the department as well as within the hospital
- Assist with estimate and treatment plan formulation for neurological patients
- Admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and scheduling appointments/surgeries/advanced imaging
- Aseptic surgical area preparation and surgical supply sterilization preparation
- Practice proper and safe patient restraint of the neurological patient
- Demonstrate the ability to properly/safely place and maintain urinary catheters.
- Perform general venipuncture, peripheral catheter placement and maintenance
Neurology Anesthesia-related Skill set & Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-anesthesia examinations to determine safety and risk for Neurology cases.
- Implement prescribed anesthetic plans from pre anesthesia until recovery, monitoring throughout.
- Perform patient pain assessments and develop proposed analgesic plans for neurology cases using multimodal pain management techniques.
- Understand and use CASE anesthesia monitoring forms/protocols
- Set up anesthesia machine and troubleshoot any problems
- Understand hemodynamics of anesthesia-related hypotension and possess ability to troubleshoot anesthetic complications
- Accurately evaluate a patient’s ventilation and oxygenation status utilizing pulse oximetry and capnography
Pay Range: $24/hr-$33/hr
We value diversity and inclusion; every person has a unique voice and perspective to bring to the CASE team. Colorado Animal Specialty and Emergency provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.