Swing Shift Credentialed Veterinary Technician *Signing Bonus*
Over the past 40 years AAHA-Accredited, VCA Highlands Ranch Animal Specialty and Emergency Center has been providing professional and compassionate care to pets in the Denver, Littleton, Centennial, Englewood, Castle Pines, Parker, and Castle Rock areas. We are a well-supported, 24-hour Emergency and Specialty hospital that has a rapidly increasing caseload that supports further coverage.
Joining the VCA Highlands Ranch team is an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills and knowledge, while collaborating with our tight-knit, highly trained medical team and boarded specialists. Currently we offer advanced Veterinary Emergency and Intensive Care, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgical Services, Advanced Dentistry, and Cardiology consults. The ideal candidate is a team player who is friendly, dependable, emotionally intelligent, and a positive multi-tasker with excellent communication skills.
Where are we located?
VCA Highlands Ranch Animal Specialty & Emergency Center is situated in a beautiful suburb of Denver, Colorado. We are ideally located minutes from many outdoor wonders or city activities such as:
- Panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains from the hospital
- Only 1 minute from a bike/walking path that spans to hundreds of miles of trails
- A short 10 minutes from sailing
- Just 20 minutes to mountain hiking trails
- A mere 30 minutes to the vast cultural options of downtown Denver: concerts, ballet, NFL, Hockey, BuskerFest, art shows and so much more!
- Only 1 hour to whisk down the ski slopes
We are seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician with 3 years’ experience in general practice or 1 – 2 years in a fast-paced emergency setting.
As a member of the Emergency Department at VCA Highlands Ranch, you will assist the Doctor and technician team in providing the maximum level of care 24/7 to both incoming critical and non-critical emergencies, transfers from both our referring veterinarians, internal specialty services, and post-operative patients from our surgery department. We work on a wide variety of cases on canine and feline patients, and in our ICU ward the most critical patients receive top notch intensive care using advanced techniques and specialized equipment.
Technicians will utilize an array of advanced skills including, but not limited to:
- Triaging and stabilizing incoming emergencies
- Advance anesthesia monitoring experience and patient recovery
- Provide nursing care to both stable and critical patients
- Performing patient assessments and physical examinations
- Providing timely treatment to outpatients
- Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imagining
- Venipuncture/catheter placement
- Safe animal restraint and handling
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Effective verbal, listening, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members of all hospital services
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine starting from the nursing staff – with the expertise and technical know-how to make it happen. This dependable team member will be solution-oriented and seek continued growth and improvement, both as an individual and as a team. At VCA, you passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people are matched with a commitment to your professional growth. VCA Highlands Ranch is committed to providing support to help you reach your career goals. We highly encourage and provide professional development of our team members and the opportunity for advancement within the practice.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and well being, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA plan options
- Infertility benefits and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days: CVT - $750/year, VTS - $1000/year
- WOOF University, offering abundance of FREE CE’s for Doctors and Staff
- Career development scholarship and reimbursement opportunities
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- Uniforms provided
- 100% paid life insurance
- The option to bring your pet to work with you
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a collaborative network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
The hourly rate for this position is $20 - $25 per hour PLUS Shift Differential and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skill set, education, schedule and other factors. Sign-on bonus eligibility is $500 - $2000 based on experience, credentials, and scheduled shifts.
Ready to be a part of a team that feels like family? Check us out and APPLY TODAY! https://vimeo.com/534617028/548138e76d
If interested in this opportunity, please click here.