Veterinary Overnight Workflow Manager
The role of the Overnight Workflow Manager is to maintain the effective pace of the hospital workflow overnight, creatively problem-solve potential issues, develop team members in all departments, and report to upper management on needs, successes, and areas of opportunity in the overnight team.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- BS degree in business administration or management preferred
- Associates of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology Preferred
- At least 3 year of people management experience
- Veterinary or emergency medicine experience preferred
- RVT Preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Commitment to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Ability to creatively problem solve and adapt in high pressure situations
- Strong situational awareness
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Ability to understand hospital workflow
- Strong leadership skills
- De-escalation techniques
- Customer service skills
- Ability to display professionalism, tact, and diplomacy with staff members and clients at all times
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
In this working environment, you will frequently be moving from a sitting to standing or walking position, will frequently be closely exposed to many different species of animals, and will occasionally be required to adjust into other positions when needed.
- Facilitating and maintaining appropriate workflow of the hospital
- Direct and coach staff members from multiple departments on excellent job performance
- Report recurring performance concerns to appropriate supervisors
- Ensuring employee adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Attending regular departmental and leadership meetings as needed
- Show respect for clients, team members, and animals at all times and in all situations
- Monitoring client interactions to ensure that they are completed with the highest level of respect, professionalism, and care.
- Fielding and appropriately deescalating any client interactions that have been escalated to management.
- Fielding all staff concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
- Facilitating cooperation, teamwork, and leadership amongst the overnight staff wherever possible
- Ensuring that all clients and patients are seen and treated in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Using awareness of level of business, staff capabilities, and business needs to make appropriate workflow decisions on the spot
- Additional tasks as deemed appropriate by management
- The primary directive for this position is to standardize overnight workflow/protocols, coach and organize all staff members, elevate the hospital to its highest possible standard, and direct in person oversight and supervision of all of the overnight team
Responsibilities include the effective management of overnight productivity and completion of required tasks. This includes oversight of staff members from multiple departments as well as responsibility for the overall profitability of these shifts.
Measure of Performance
Successful performance in this position will be measured by consistent performance, productivity, and effectiveness of the overnight shifts.
- Reports to: Practice Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Role: No
*Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities at any time.
Matching 401(k) Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance PTO Pet Insurance Employee assistance program Reimbursable Expenses including appropriate Tuition, Licenses, Uniform, and CE Allowances