ZCA Veterinary Technician *Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!*
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Active CO state CVT license
- Preferred: College AS/BS/BA
- Experience: Minimum 2 years experience required*
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our ER department. Come work at a hospital that is focused on patient care, communication, and education! EVS is a privately owned specialty and emergency hospital with Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Radiology. An ideal candidate will have a focus on gold-standard medicine and patient care, the technical skills to facilitate them, experience working with exotic companion animals, and the desire to learn and grow within their practice. The Veterinary Tech will be responsible for in-hospital patient care, triage, and outpatient ER care responsibilities with a focus on exotic species. We also encourage and support specialty certificates and VTS certifications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet clients, obtain patient's current body weight, reason for visit and brief history.
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Perform and assist with all aspects of animal restraint for exams and procedures.
- Perform all types of restraint, venipuncture for all types of blood work. Administer SQ fluids, medications, etc. per doctors’ orders.
- Documenting of medications, procedures and administering treatments of patients while hospitalized
- Complete estimates, basic record keeping, and update patient charges
- Other duties as needed
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Comfort and interest working with exotic species such as snakes, lizards, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, ferrets, and turtles.
- Commitment to doing the best job possible at all times and under all circumstances
- Confidence in working independently and making appropriate, informed decisions
- Prioritization of safety and care in the operation of all equipment and handling of all patients
- Adaptability to new environments, situations, practices, and challenges
- Excellent communication to clients, teammates, supervisors, subordinates, and any other hospital staff.
- Enthusiasm for knowledge, innovation, learning, and growth in all aspects on the job
- Dedication to the EVS company values of gold standard medicine, respect, integrity, and a team oriented approach
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Employee Pet Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition/CE reimbursement
- Uniform reimbursement
SCHEDULING: A regular, Full time employee of Evolution Veterinary Specialists, Inc, will be expected to work an average/minimum 36 hours/week. Hours typically vary and include holidays, weekends, swing shifts, overnights, and on-call as necessary to fill the needs of the hospital. A typical starting schedule (subject to change) would be 4 x 10 hour shifts weekly with 4 on-call shifts per month.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Role: No